Davos 2019 - The Future of Science and Technology in Society
- Published on: Saturday, February 9, 2019
Public confidence in the scientific community is higher than other groups, and yet public trust in technology companies has eroded, according to US-based studies by the Pew Research Center. How are changing perceptions about science and technology reshaping politics, business and public policy?
· Sarah bint Yousif Al Amiri, Minister of State for Advanced Sciences of the United Arab Emirates.
· Carlos Moedas, Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, European Commission, Brussels.
· Brian Schmidt, Vice-Chancellor, Australian National University, Australia.
· Lars Rebien Sorensen, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Novo Nordisk Foundation, Denmark.
· Ulrich Spiesshofer, President and Chief Executive Officer, ABB, Switzerland.
· Magdalena Skipper, Editor-in-Chief, Nature, Nature Research, USA.